How We Review Online Casinos
Main Criteria Of Our Casino Evaluation Process
- First thing first, every trustworthy gambling site must be licensed by a gambling authority. The most reputable agencies on the modern market are the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC), Malta Gaming Authority (MGA), and Curacao Gaming Authority. These bodies ensure that a casino is reliable, transparent, and complies with the gambling laws.
When reviewing online casinos, we first check the availability of a local gambling license. For example, if we test a British platform, it should have a UKGC license. To check whether a casino is officially licensed or not, you can read its T&C or scroll to the footer. Usually, it contains the licensee logo and a link to the official document.
eCOGRA checks gaming software and audits Information Security Management Systems. If you see a casino holds the eCOGRA seal of approval, then it means that the platform is fair and the games are random.
- We read reviews both on our own platform and on independent websites to learn what players say about a casino. This gives us a better understanding of the main hits and misses, as well as of the aspects that should be explored in more detail. Besides that, our team regularly attends industry-related conventions and conferences and has an opportunity to monitor how gambling operators treat their brands. This gives a chance to evaluate how seriously they take their product.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) are the protocols that provide security of computer networks. If a gambling site uses updated encryption instruments, it means that your personal and financial information is secure. The risks that this data will be hacked or stolen are much lower.
- The most popular casinos are able to offer thousands of games in tens of categories, such as slots, table games, live casino, video poker, progressives, and so on. If a platform has a broad lobby, players have access to all the games in one place without a need to join several websites.
- Before spending money, players should have a chance to test the platform. That is why trustworthy gambling sites offer a demo mode on some of the games. In such a way you can try out the casino and decide whether it deserves your attention or not.
- The titles should be created by well-established gaming studios. This ensures not only the best software, design, and technologies but also fairness and randomness of results. If you see games from NetEnt, Microgaming, Pragmatic Play or other world-known developers, be sure that your gambling experience will be positive and smooth.
- More and more casinos add live titles to their lobby because these games provide a unique user experience. They are streamed from a studio or a real casino and are run by professional dealers. When we test a gambling site, we ensure that its live casino selection is diverse and worthy.
- Even though video slots are the most popular category among gamblers, millions of users still choose table games. That is why a casino should offer a broad lobby with roulette, blackjack, poker, baccarat, craps, and other engaging titles. All of them should come with a variety of customization options including bet sizes both for beginners and high-rollers.
- According to statistics, mobile gambling has already surpassed desktop one. That is why it is crucial for an online casino to have a browser version that runs on different operating systems. We test the platform on smartphones and tablets to ensure its smooth and convenient operation.
- One of the biggest disappointments any mobile player might experience is a limited game selection in a browser version or application. That is why it is important for an online casino to offer games that run smoothly not only on desktop but mobile. Fortunately, most software developers adjust their products to smartphones and tablets.
- All games should be fair and random, without any manipulations with the results and outcomes. The fairness of games is checked by such reputable companies as Gaming Labs and iTech Labs. If you see that a casino has one of their licenses, it means that the games are not rigged and the outcomes can’t be predicted.
- Some users prefer native apps over browser versions. Usually, these apps have a better design and you don’t need to log in every time. When reviewing a gambling site we check if it has a smooth and convenient application for different operating systems.
- A big selection of promotions can significantly contribute to the game. That is why you should choose a casino that can offer generous welcome packages, regular reload bonuses, cashback on the losses, prize draws, birthday gifts, and other perks.
- The bonuses should not only be diverse but also have transparent and adequate T&C. For example, adequate wagering requirements, enough time to use the promotion, a low minimum deposit, and no limitations on the games where you can spend the bonus money and spins.
- Most gambling sites motivate players to stick to the platform by offering a VIP program. By collecting loyalty points, you get access to unique rewards, higher withdrawal limits, participation in tournaments, personal manager, and even real-value gifts. The availability of such a program is a good sign.
- For the best user experience, the registration shouldn’t take more than a few minutes and be clear even if a person has never gambled before. The availability of tips and explanations will be a plus. Modern gambling sites have clear registration forms with drop-down menus, so the process becomes semi-automatic.
- The safety of transactions is one of the most important elements of any gambling process. We carefully analyze the casino’s banking section and terms to make sure that the options are reliable and internationally approved. For maximum convenience, players should also have access to different types of systems including bank cards, e-wallets, prepaid cards, and crypto.
- The payout time mostly depends on the chosen payment method. However, the pending time should be reduced to a minimum as well. Players have a right to receive their winnings as quickly as possible without week delays. There also shouldn’t be any fees charged for payouts. However, payment companies usually have separate fees for transactions.
- There is a certain percentage of gamblers who find it hard to control themselves. They are called compulsive gamblers and should be taken care of. Reliable online casinos cooperate with international authorities and organizations and offer a variety of responsible gambling instruments. For example, betting limits, time-limited sessions, and self-exclusion. Many casinos have separate Responsible Gambling pages with useful information and links to help centers.
- A casino should provide its users with T&C that is written in clear and understandable language. The platform should also indicate all the fees, requirements, and limitations that may impact the gambling process. The T&C page should be visible no matter whether you are a registered user or not.
- For the maximum convenience of players, online casinos should offer a broad list of accepted currencies. For example, Kiwis should be able to pay with NZD and British players – with GBP. This will not only help to avoid the conversion fees but also to know exactly how much you spend.
- When reviewing a platform, we make sure that its managers are available through live chat, email, and phone, and that the answer is instant. A great advantage is the availability of customer support agents who speak the language of their customers.
- An RTP rate shows how much money you are able to return on every $100 spent. If a casino has an RTP of 95%, this means that theoretically, it pays out $95 on each $100. A good platform has a payout percentage of at least 92%. The RTP is evaluated by an independent authority and the information is usually available in public access with corresponding links to the official reports.
- Players should be able to create an account, find a particular game, or contact the support team quickly and trouble-free. That is why a gambling site must have smooth navigation, a convenient interface, an appealing design, and fast loading. A big shout-out to themed gambling sites.
- The last but not the least criteria is the experience of HEX specialists. Our experts always create an account, bet real money, and evaluate the platform from the point of view of an ordinary player. That is why we have the necessary knowledge and experience to tell you about a particular platform.
Which factors prove that internet casino is a scam?
- Absence of an international license
- Brief and unclear Terms and Conditions
- Unreliable and not familiar payment methods
- Negative reviews of our users
- An inconvenient website with complex navigation
- The request of unnecessary personal information during the registration
- Absence of customer support, slow responses, or rude and unprofessional managers
Who is responsible for the casino rate?
- In the first stage, our gambling experts register on the website, test its games and bonuses by depositing real money. They also check the withdrawal process to make sure you’ll surely get your winnings.
- Afterward, they write a review which is then checked and edited by our content manager. That’s how we ensure our visitors will read only high-quality articles.
- At the same time, a researcher contacts the casino and collects the information which readers see in reviews. Thus, users have access to the most reliable and recent facts, terms, and offers.